5.06.2015

#67

Wednesday, May 6, 2015


Roadblock while Crossing the Jordan

I know a guy
   sweet and enthusiastic
   honorable and kind
   and quite possibly an actual genius
with a family,
depression,
and Crohn's.

...how the fuck can I pity me?

-----

Introverted/Road Trippin'/Trying Too Hard

It's me
It's not any of you, honestly
I need time alone or I'll lose it
But I rarely get it¹

I want to sell my record collection
Fill the trunk of my car with books and cassettes²
And drive until I break down
On some unmapped backroad
Spent and out of gas
To rust out the rest of my days³



¹I don't even have the solitary moments of driving to and from work anymore; home-dubbed punk rock loud on the stereo, cigarette or spliff burning, windows as open as I'd like to be - though truth be told, I don't get this, either

²(and a pound or two of subpar pot
...and maybe a couple handles of whiskey or brandy
something brown, so it lasts a little longer)

³If I had the guts to do anything but write

No comments:

Post a Comment